The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Una Desparida

The day started out good, (I bought a guitar for cheap, for my music lessons and personal worship), but took a dive when I let frustration get hold of me before church. I was organizing the house, and the more invested I get in the way I straighten things, the more it bothers me when someone else messes it up. So, I'm embarrassed to say, when Evelin unpacked my stuff and put it in drawers or in places around the room (a very nice gesture!), I felt attitude! Oy! Ayayay!

I apologized on the way to church for making a short comment about not being able to find things as we were getting ready, but Evelin didn't notice my attitude. It still felt good to own it.

Church was okay--I felt very tired and my stomach was upset, and I actually began dozing during the message! No one was translating for me, so I felt a little strange and disconnected from everyone. The loneliness again! At least I had my bilingual Bible, so I could read the whole scripture in the lesson and form my own points. Hahaha. It was pretty similar to what was taught.

After church, things got a bit tougher, and yet there were blessings to keep me holding on. A sister I knew from America was visiting for the next few days, so we talked and connected during a going-away party ("desparida") for another American sister who had been serving in the Youth Corps for 2 years there in Guatemala. We ate at Pollo Campero (I love thier frosty cones, but they don't have Pistachio flavor anymore!) and I had some fun taking pictures, though the loneliness in my heart grew everytime I saw others laughing and hugging and just being intimate with one another.

Cuando, mi Padre! When will I feel normal again!

No comments: