The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Meeting with the Missionaries

Remember those missionaries I met within the first few days of my arrival? Well, they stopped by tonight and visited a bit. I explained to them why I was in Guatemala, and they shared a bit about their own trips. (Two of them had been here around a year.) It was a blast to the past, and a bit weird, since it's been over 6 years since I converted to Christianity. (Most of you know I grew up LDS until I was about 14.)

We sang an LDS song I remembered from their songbook (the Spanish version) and one of them prayed, and I invited them to dinner sometime. They invited me to church. Hehehe. Of course. They're missionaries, remember? Anywho, I admire their tenacity and drive, and I hope I can encourage them with some American cooking one of these nights. And, who knows, maybe I'll get to share more of my life and how God has changed me.

In any case, it's nice to see some familiar faces, so to speak.

No comments: