The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

El Flú

Today I'm feeling the flu coming on. My roommate Elizabeth has been sick all week, and I was afraid it was only a matter of time before I caught it. I hate to say I was right, but I was right. I gargled some nasty salt-water (wakala!) and dropped some hydrogen peroxide in my ear-canal (little tricks I was taught to kill germs at the source). We'll see what happens. I might take a nap in the office bed (they have everything here!) and hopefully kick this thing before it's fully grown.

Work at the HOPE School has been great! The teachers are responding more and more to the work I'm doing there, especially as I've been doing some demonstrative exercises with their students and they see the principles come alive.

Emotionally, I feel SO much better than the first four days of my trip. I'm learning the language gradually, and my relationships have been great.

No comments: