The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thumby Balboa - Halfway Point

Time for Thumby's rebuttle to my roomies' thumbs' challenge. Hehehe. After I finished some work and had a little free time, I made an impromptu parady of Rocky Balboa's training sequence for YouTube.

I had a great time at the Single's service tonight, too. Probably the best one yet! I'll be honest, I've almost fallen asleep a few times during the messages these past few weeks. Maybe it's the sickness, maybe it's the mental exhaustion of trying to assimilate a new language 24/7, or maybe it's the heavy foods I've been eating that sit so nicely in my stomach. (I think I've gained a little weight since I've been here, too, hehehe.) Anyway, this service, I sat right up front so I wouldn't be tempted to doze. I took notes, and really focused on being present and engaged. It was great! I sat next to Marlenne, one of the sisters I knew from my trip last November, and who speaks a little English. One of the brothers from the date last Saturday (Elizabeth's date, who played guitar) was sitting next to me and gave me a souvenire mug of the most beautiful landscape in Guatemala. (I REALLY like it [me encanta], and have té de Manzanilla [Chamomile tea] in it for my times with God every morning.)

Anywho, I can't believe I'm approaching the halfway point of my trip. I know it's only going to go by faster from here on out, but try not to think about it. I'll miss this place...the people...the culture...the generosity...the humility...the hugs...the kisses...the love...

I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.

Be grateful for every moment, Shaela. Life is short, and this trip is only a fraction of it.

¡Adios por ahora!

No comments: