The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Monday, July 30, 2007

Now We're Cooking!

Another great lesson with the teachers! I taught them about developing speech through drama, and more specifically, developing confidence to speak at all. It was so fun. We did a few exercises in a marketplace, where everyone became a vendor selling wares of different kinds. I had music to start them off, and to take away the awkard silence at the beginning, and everyone began talking at once as directed. (That keeps people from feeling like they're being watched by anyone else, and builds confidence.) The exercises developed as we went, and I can see the growing enjoyment and excitement in the teachers' eyes as they realize how valuable this work is for their students (and even for themselves).

After lunch, Edgar came early to pick me up, so I got an extra half-day in the office. :D That's always a bonus for me, since I need the internet for most of my work.

I had lunch with Estuardo at "Betsy King" and was inspired to talk to the women in the kitchen.

"Esta muy rico!" I said, which means "This is delicious!" I've been wanting to learn how to cook some of my favorite dishes here, so I told them so.

The head cook, a short, stout woman, smiled up at me and said, "Te enseñare." That means, "I'll teach you."

So, we worked out a schedule of when I'd be available to help in the kitchen, and I start tomorrow! I'm so excited! ¡Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Playing With Multiplayer Games Online