The Thumb Files (Shae's Video Blog)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thoughts and Reflections

No work today! Woohoo! I took the day off so I could rest, and BOY did I rest. I slept until 10:30am! 'went to bed at 10pm-ish, too. That hit the spot. I think the worst of this flu is over. I took the rest of the day to relax, study some Spanish grammar, watch some movies in Spanish with English subtitles, and clean up the house a little. (Laundry and the like.) Gotta get rid of all those germs so I don't reinfect myself.

What else did I do? Mmm...not much. It was a great day!

I'll take this opportunity to describe a little bit of life in Guatemala. It's noisy. The walls are thin, so you can hear the neighbors' music (which they like to play loud), along with layers of other sounds coming from my roommates' rooms, their radios, the TV, and the like. I'm so grateful for ear-plugs. :D Hehehe. And my iPod has been keeping me sane, with a little help from Enya and my "Sounds of Nature" MP3's. I guess you get used to it. I haven't been too exasperated by all the noise, but sometimes, when I'm really tired, I'm very aware of how it affects me. I never knew how much I enjoyed the sounds of silence. (Name the band who sang that song...10 points!)

Have I mentioned how much masquitos love me? I find an average of 3-4 new bites every day, although lately I've been finding ways to reduce that number to 2-3. Namely, thick pants, sweatshirts, and socks wherever I go. I wish I could take a picture of one of these suckers close up. They're vicious. They've gotten through some of my clothes, and find me when I'm most exposed, even if it's just for a few seconds! Bloody buggers...literally.

Well, life is good. ¡Cuidate!

No comments: